1. Don't use ::bank. This theory is a bit controversial, but was confirmed that it does help stop resets.
2. Don't be level 126. Again, this is controversial, but a fellow mod told me that Paul (a hidden admin and basically a co-owner) told him this.
3. Older accounts reset less often. Newer accounts are much more prone to reset. The only time I ever reset was my first week of Godzhell on my first ever account.
4. Banks reset more than inventories, which reset more than equipped items. As the title states, it is safer to keep items in your inventory than your bank, and it's your safest option to keep your absolute rarest items equipped. Equipped items have never, to my knowledge, reset. I believe it is only in the code for item files in the inventory and bank to reset.
5. Don't Multi-Log! (Dupe) It's as simple as that. If you multi-log, there is a greater chance that you will reset an inventory or bank.
6. BEST TIP: Keep your rares equipped and in the inventories of storage accounts. Make accounts you won't play, and keep your rares in the inventories and in the equip slots of those. I have almost ten Pacific accounts with inventories of rares. This is the BEST thing you can do to keep your rares safe. Check them once in a while to be safe, but don't play on them all the time.
7. Don't try to sit through a lag. Lags are prime-time for resetting accounts. I believe this is what happens when there is a large reset coming for multiple players. If a lag starts, close your browsers and restart Godzhell.
8. If you do reset, you can try to follow these steps. Once you've reset, close your browsers, clear out your cache, cookies, etc. Restart Godzhell and log back in. I did this on an account that reset once and all the items had returned.
9. This could just be a rumour, and would probably not apply to most people: DO NOT EVER STORE LAVA ITEMS IN YOUR BANK,
Once again, 99% of this guide was made by The Pacific, and I think that he deserves the credit for this. Also, this guide helped me alot. Maybe it will help you too.